Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Big Book of Quick Knit Afghans #19

While building a Walmart in Tucson, Arizona in 105 degree weather with no air conditioning, I was stuck in the motel room. Luckily I had made a pit stop in Amarillo, Texas at this huge Hobby Lobby. Mostly I bought yarn that was on clearance, but I also found an intriguing book from Leisure Arts, Big Book of Quick Knit Afghans. I had grabbed a Size 17 circular needle and some luscious yarn. It was the House Brand, I Love This Yarn in #50 Cranberry.
A Close-up of the pattern, wonderfully soft with some texture. #19 Serene Caught my eye. It was fun and extremely easy. I think if I was going to start someone in knitting, I think this would be the perfect project, with instant gratification. I finally finished it this week, just before my Halloween mums went into the ground.
I used 8 Skeins of yarn, using double thread. I wish I had bought a couple extra skeins to make the afghan a little longer.

No comments: