Friday, August 21, 2009

Market Bags for the Garden

These are a couple of Market Bags I did for my little brother and my nephew. They have a very sucessful garden on the top of a Mountain in Tennessee. He constantly sends me pictures of piles of vegetable goodies. I wish we had had time to put in some vegetables this year.
I used simple Red Heart Saver, figuring that these will probably only last a couple of seasons, but can also be washed in the washing machine. These should hold more produce then you would want to carry.
the pattern is here:

and the water bottle case is from The Elusive Loos blog. I made different handles and really lengthened them, since my little brother tops out at 6'5".
this favorite pattern is found here.

3 comments:

Pammy Sue said...

I love those...what a great gift!

Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

the bags are really nice i love the shape!

Tricity Hoke's Creations said...

Those would make a wonderful addition to anyones garden :) I need some of those for my harvesting time!